Tyre Fitter, Porsche Centre Hatfield
- Employer: eRecruitSmart
- Location: Hatfield
- Salary: £25k - 28.6k per year
- Job Start Date: ASAP
Porsche Retail Group Ltd are seeking a Tyre Fitter for their prestigious Hatfield car dealership - giving the successful candidate the opportunity to work directly for one of world's most iconic brands.
As an experienced Tyre Fitter you will report to the Service Team Manager and provide a quality tyre and fitting service in accordance with Porsche requirements. In addition, you will be required to conduct MOT inspections, issue MOT Documentation and ensure the security of the MOT certification process and compliance with ministry and Company requirements.
Core Specific Responsibilities as MOT Tester / Tyre Fitter
* Identify worn and faulty components needs in accordance with Porsche requirements
* Remove and refit components and carry out tyre related adjustments in accordance with the Porsche requirements.
* Repair Tyres in accordance with the Technical Standards and Work Instructions.
* Ensure that all Brake work is conducted in accordance with the Porsche requirements
* To conduct Class IV - Vehicle Inspections in accordance with the Vehicle Inspectorates laid down procedures.
* To complete all documentation in relation to conducting Class IV Vehicle Inspections and produce returns as required by the Inspectorate.
* Support the Aftersales Manager in all aspects of VI testing authority.
* Ensure calibration and maintenance programmes are completed as per Ministry requirements and Porsche requirements.
* Routinely inspect tools and equipment and assess serviceability to undertake MOT tests.
* Liaising with Service Advisor/Executives on time scales for completion.
* Inform Service Advisors/Executives of the required and advisory work and reasons.
* Ascertain parts required to resolve the customer issue and order as required.
* Ascertain labour operation times for the workshop repair, to support the Service Advisor/Executive in providing an estimate to the customer.
* To monitor and be accountable for productive time spent on each job to maximize productivity
* Be aware of and adhere to the Health & Safety aspects of the working environment and adhere to guidelines at all times, reporting any defective equipment/PPE to the Service Team Manager
* Keep technical knowledge up to date to understand the customer needs and requirements. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications etc.
Core Accountabilities as MOT Tester / Tyre Fitter
* To understand and assist in the delivery of Business Strategy and Objectives
* Deliver an agreed level of service KPI's to include productivity, efficiency and utilisation to the Internal and External Customer, Business Partners and External Suppliers
* Take ownership for personal development needs in anticipation of Business requirements
* Contribute fully within the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained
* Ensure the appropriate level of management control and system exploitation is applied to all relevant systems and company assets
* Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
For the position of MOT Tester / Tyre Fitter there is a fantastic package on offer:
Competitive Salary and Bonus Scheme
* 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
* Private Medical
* Option of a VW Vehicle at preferential rates
* DC Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Staff preferential rates
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Porsche Retail Group. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Maintenance, repair, tyres, fitter, bodyshop,