Permanent | Full Time
PHP Laravel Web Developer - Norwich, Norfolk
Salary: 40k+ depending on experience + benefits + Bonus
We are looking for an experienced PHP/Laravel Web Developer to become an effective member of their award-winning, talented digital team in an integrated creative marketing agency, working for some brilliant national and international brands.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in building commercial website solutions, ideally, have knowledge in setting up and configuring web servers and enjoy working as part of their experienced web development team on cutting-edge web solutions and SaaS applications.
The role will likely be working on a hybrid pattern with a balance of home working and working from their office in Norwich and will offer great opportunities for career progression. You can expect to receive a very competitive salary, depending on experience, and great benefits.
The Job Role:
* Implementing technical solutions across all web work in line with agency strategy.
* To develop and code client websites as part of an experienced web development team
* To collaborate with front-end developers, creatives, and digital project managers to establish objectives and create robust and functional codebases
* To help develop ideas for new applications, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
* Working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams on client work and agency projects.
* Effectively communicating with clients across projects and support.
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
* Minimum 2 years relevant experience in Website development.
* Proficient in PHP development
* Commercial experience working with Laravel
* Good understanding of OOP
* Experience working with MVC architecture
* Commercial experience working with revision control (Git)
* Experience designing and implementing Relational Databases
* Experience working with LAMP stack
* E-Commerce application development experience
* Payment gateway integration experience
* Understanding of the phases of web development life cycle and agile methodology
* Strong team player and good communication skills
* Good sense of humour!
Desired Skills :
* Server set up and configuring
* Experience on other PHP frameworks such as Zend
* Experience working with Centos Servers
* Ability to setup a LAMP stack
* WordPress experience
* Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
* Formal education in computing
* Hobbies / passions outside coding
* Living in or within the proximity of Norwich, Norfolk
Benefits and culture:
* Full-time, Permanent
* Salary: From 40,000.00 + per year depending experience
* Additional pay: Bonus scheme
* Flexible schedule / Work from home
* Schedule: 8 hour shift
Great working atmosphere, inspiring thought sharing sessions, technical challenges, and plenty of fun along the way. Excellent work life balance. A company that encourages transparency and promotes openness. Chance to learn about many aspects of the business, alongside opportunities for professional development. Work with an ambitious and driven team, with great clients, fascinating projects, and an inclusive culture.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies + Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.