Permanent | Full Time
Geotechnical Engineer / Geo-Environmental Field Engineer who has experience supervising intrusive site works and managing infrastructure and utility projects, liaising directly with clients and sub-contractors is required for a well-established geotechnical and geo-environmental consultancy based in Norfolk, Norwich, East Anglia.
LOCATION: Norfolk, Norwich, East Anglia
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Due to the company’s growing workload within the Infrastructure and Utilities sector, we now have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer / Geo-Environmental Field Engineer who has experience supervising intrusive site works and managing infrastructure and utility projects, liaising directly with clients and sub-contractors.
Working as a Geotechnical Engineer / Geo-Environmental Field Engineer you will report to the Fieldwork Manager and as a core member of the team, you will be expected to work sometimes autonomously and deliver on works (mostly field based but also office based) as scheduled.
As the Geotechnical Engineer / Geo-Environmental Field Engineer you will work closely with the Senior Engineers to ensure that the fieldwork that you will be supervising is carried out to the highest standards.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The company is seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer / Geo-Environmental Field Engineer with a background in Geotechnical and Environmental fieldwork supervision who has factual and interpretive report writing skills.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to success. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working outdoors & delivering under pressure.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a well-established geotechnical and geo-environmental consultancy with two cost centres based in the South East of England. From these cost centres they operate nationally on infrastructure, utilities frameworks, small to large developments on both greenfield and brownfield projects throughout the UK.
The company specialise in the installation of high quality geotechnical and environmental instrumentation for monitoring civil engineering and infrastructure works, ground gas assessment & water quality. They are experts in trenchless construction and have developed their own industry approved software for data processing and assessment to simplify, and improve the delivery of geotechnical & environmental risk assessment.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Geotechnical Engineer / Geo-Environmental Field Engineer will include:
• Supervision of intrusive site works in the field including; cable percussive drilling, Windowless sampling, Rotary drilling, trial pitting and insitu testing
• Completion of project H&S documentation in the field and in the office
• Liaising with clients
• Onsite Project Management
• Monitoring and sampling of installed standpipes for ground gas and water level / quality
• Supervising the installation of new monitoring standpipes
• Travel – regular travel within the region and throughout the UK required
• Suitable qualification/experience in Geoscience, Engineering or Geo Environmental/ Geotechnical related discipline
• Valid CSCS card (preferable but not essential)
• Experience with Geotechnical/Environmental supervision
• Must be competent in dealing directly with clients and sub-contractors in the field
• Ability to problem solve in the field and communicate site feedback to the fieldwork manager and senior engineers to ensure continuous improvement/development
• Full UK Driving licence
• IT literacy (MS packages)
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Right to work in UK
• A competitive remuneration package tailored to your skills and experience
• Full training provided where required
• Provision of a mobile phone
• Life assurance
• Contributory pension
• Company vehicles will be provided where necessary for fieldwork/travel
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9565
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering & Construction Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Norfolk, Norwich, East Anglia. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk