Competitive salary plus benefits
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent | Full Time
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for an Accounts Assistant - High Tech industry.
This role is commutable from Cambridge, Bedford, St. Neots, Huntingdon, Sandy, Yaxley.
To provide support to the Finance Team in processing accounting information, specifically the purchase ledger, bank, sales and fixed asset register.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Work closely with the Financial Accountant and Financial Controller for day-to-day activities providing assistance with month end reporting and recommendations for areas for improvement.
- Liaise with suppliers and budget holders to ensure timely processing of invoices and ensure queries are quickly resolved.
- Provide advice to employees about account code and cost centre classifications and with other finance and accounts enquiries.
- Ideally educated to 'A' level standard but as a minimum to GCSE level with at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English, or NVQ level 2-3 (as appropriate) is required.
- Strong experience working within a finance department is required, preferably with experience of working in an Accounts Assistant role involving purchase ledger.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment such as a hi-tech or R&D organisation would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of real competency in double entry bookkeeping and accounting principles is required, achieved either by relevant experience or via AAT/CIMA/ACCA/ACA professional qualification.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular, advanced competency in MS Excel is required.
- A demonstrated knowledge of accounting software is required, with previous experience of SUN Systems being desirable.
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in a high standard of control environment.
- A demonstrable track record of working to tight deadlines in a dynamic, fluid and changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of working in a customer service oriented department.
- Experience of working in a confidential environment with a high level of tact and discretion.
Experience working in sectors such as electronics, optoelectronic devices, displays or sensors would be particularly relevant, but if you have worked in a high technology industry and have the right financial background we would be very happy to hear from you.
KEY RESULT AREAS & ACTIVITIES:
- Process all purchase invoices and employee expense forms in a timely manner, ensuring coding and approval of invoices is in accordance with company compliance and control policies and procedures.
- Prepare and process twice-monthly payment run reports, updating all the payments to the ledger in a timely manner.
- Reconcile supplier statements to aged creditor reports within the accounting system and resolve any issues.
- Maintain the purchase ledger database for current suppliers' contact details and add new suppliers as required.
- Maintain a purchase ledger filing system that is easily accessible to the finance team.
- Maintain the archiving records of purchase ledger records.
- Detailed analytical review of the purchase ledger to ensure its reconciliation and accuracy.
- Raise purchase orders as required.
- Administer the central finance email inbox.
- Timely identification and resolution of queries involving phone or written communication with internal team or external suppliers.
- Complete VAT & Intrastat returns & EC Sales List for all Group companies.
Month End and Other Activities
- Processing, maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of the bank account postings on SUN Systems.
- Cash Reporting and Forecasting.
- Raise and process sales invoices and credit control.
- Manage and maintain the Fixed Asset Register, recording additions, disposals and depreciation charges.
- Manage Petty Cash - sterling and other currencies plus ordering and processing of foreign currency advances.
- Administer Capital Expenditure Request transactions and associated Purchase Order processing.
- Updating Royalty and Licensee information.
- Assistance with internal and external company audits.
- Assist the Finance Department in the achievement of its daily, weekly, monthly and annual objectives and any other duties within the company as required.
- Propose update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in appropriate areas of work.
Salary to c£25k per annum depending on experience - flexible for the right candidate.
In addition, this role offers a competitive benefits package including 27 days holiday, private health and dental care, life assurance and pension scheme. The company operates a flexi-time scheme.
This is ideally a full time role but my client would consider part-time hours for outstanding candidates.
When applying please state whether you seek full time or part-time hours - if the latter, please specify preferred days and hours.
To apply for this Accounts Assistant - High Tech industry role in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!